Thursday, December 1, 2011

21 random things

Tall mom Mel tagged me to share 21 things about myself.  So here goes

1- My daughter is 15 months old and I love her more then I thought possible
2- I think I suffered from postpartum depression after she was born. I had a very had time adjusting to motherhood and the sacrifices that came with it. I am not sure when things got better but I think it was around the second month after I went back to work and began to lose the guilt of working and get into the swing of being a mom. The Little Lady was 5 months old
3- I really enjoy being a stay at home mom. And I thought I was going to hate it. Right as I was getting the hang of the working mom thing I was laid off. I was terrified I was going to hate being home. But I don't.
4- That being said I think I will go back to work one day.
5- I just started referring to myself as a runner. I always felt like I was a faker even as I was training for my first half marathon. I run and then I walk some times I just jog.  My friend introduced me as a runner and I have since embraced it. Finishing my half marathon also helped because not everyone does that.
6- I love pilates and yoga but don't do it as often as I'd like. Currently not belonging to a gym and not having daycare, getting to a class is hard
7-I love to read. And am always up for new recommendations. I am currently in a bit of a reading funky. I have a bunch of books here that I want to read. Two from the library that I was on the wait list for and two that friends gave me. But I just finished The Night Circus, and I am still involved with those characters.
8- I have a hard time juggling reading and running. I normally only get a few mins of me time a day and have trouble picking which I want to do. When Handsome finally gets home from work and the baby is asleep it is nice to talk to him. Like a grown up.
9- I am the oldest. My brother is 20 months younger then me and my sister is almost 5 years younger then me
10-I don't watch a lot of TV, so neither does my daughter.
11- I am addicted to General Hospital.
12- I choice nail polishes by the names. I consider the color, but the final choice is always by the name
12-I love chocolate, who doesn't?
13-  I ran my first 5k because I was bored and needed something to do. My cousin trained for the same race for the same reason
14- My cat's name is Theo. He has OCD and will lick himself bald if he is stressed
15- We used to have a 100lb Bulldog named Buddy. he died of cancer
16- Theo's OCD started when Buddy died.
17- My father has an obsession with toy trains. It was the mortifying family fact of my high school career.
18- Now I think it is cool to have trains around the Christmas tree. But I do draw the line there
19- (almost done) I used to live in Brooklyn. I didn't run then but I loved walking every to get everything. Some of my happiest memories are from my single girl apartment just being me.
20- I love my crock pot. I welcome all recipes. My husband is a picky eater but I will try anything one
21- i secretly like the color pink. I never did till I was pregnant and found out I was having a girl, then everything became pink and I was ok with it.

that took alot longer then I thought it would.
Now it's your turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment