Friday, December 9, 2011

New Shoes- Altra Intiution

A few weeks back I won free shoes from The Fine Ladies of Run Like A Mother. The new shoes are the Altra Intuition. "Designed specifically for women, this shoe isn't another shrink it and pink it strategy. From the amount of cushioning to shape of the shoe, this shoe is female-specific. Plus, with the Zero Drop™ platform and innovative foot-shaped design this shoe delivers many of the benefits of barefoot running with the comfort, cushioning and support that distance runners love. Follow your intuition and experience the world's first fully cushioned, foot-shaped, Zero Drop™ running shoe!"
So the instructions say to break them in slowly so I figured 2 miles today would be perfect.  I LOVED the wide toe area. It was very comfy. At the start I did notice some discomfort in my calves, but i was pushing the jogger up hill. I wonder how they will feel tomorrow
They came in on Wednesday and I was so excited to try them out, but it was pouring and who wants to ruin new shoes in the rain. Yesterday the Little Lady was not sleeping then she was sleeping a ton and the day got away from me and in the evening I had a family thing to go to and running just didn't happen. I was so happy to get out today.
I hope to get a 5 miler in this weekend. I am unofficially training for the NYC half. I have not even entered the lottery yet. I need to get on that.  But who knows I might get in and then I will be well into my training!

No comments:

Post a Comment